Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Chipboard Birthday Frame


I had a birthday party to go to on Sunday and wanted to make a card to give (of course. LOL), but I have come to the realization that i am not very good at making cards. So, instead of a card i made a Frame that the person can use to hang, and i adhered a little note card to the back of it. I had so much fun making it. Let me tell you it was a hit, she loved the idea of a card that was a usable frame. I did not make it birthday themed so that she can put what ever photo she wanted.


I used a Tim Holtz Alterations Die for the frame, then i painted the chipboard piece with Adirondack paint dobbers in cranberry, then i dabbed a few spots in gold dobber, then i sanded it down to make the colors blend a little bit better. I then covered it with Shimmer Mod Podge. I used prima lace for the bottom trim, Mariposa paper for the front and back, i made the lolli pop flower (I am addicted to making these, they are so much fun). I also made the flower to the right my self thanks to Jade's technique. For the final touch i added a charm and a little vintage piece from K & Company's Life Journey Collection, i put some diamond dust on the edges of it.

Thanks for looking, feel free to leave a comment letting me know what you think.








3 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful!!! I so love your vintage style! I am a Tim Holtz addict and you are helping feed that addiction! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete