Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Lazy Days Mini Album

Hello Everyone,

Sorry i have not posted much lately, i have actually been away on vacation for two weeks and then got sick last week, but i am feeling better today and i am so excited to share with you that I am a guest designer on the Bug Bytes Blog today. Thank you so much to Pam for asking me!! Please make sure you visit her blog at thebugbytes.blogspot.com, she is so talented and she has a different amazing designer on her blog almost everyday.

The cartridge that we are exploring is Just Because Cards. I have to be honest with you guys, i am really not much of a card maker (only because i think i am not very good at it), so when Pam told me that the cartridge we are exploring is Just Because Cards, i was a little nervous. I do have to say though after playing around with JBC, it really grew on me. It has so many images and cute phrases that are not only card related. You can use them on anything including scrapbook layouts and mini albums. Which brings me to my Lazy Days mini album. I made this super quick and fun mini album for my son's summer pictures. I tried to include a page for all of the big events that happened so far this summer (I will probably add on a few more pages at the end of the month).

The base of the mini was cut out using the Sentimentals (my favorite) cartridge, I used (Colorbok) chipboard that i bought at Joann's and i cut it out on my Expression using the deep cut blade. The paper collection i used was by October Afternoon - Fly A Kite, i thought it was perfect for this album. I used JBC to cut out the Lazy Days phrase and then i put blue microbeads on top to give it texture. I really love the way that turned out. Then I cut out the beach chair from Life's a Beach and the little boy fishing from A Child's Year. Then of course i had to top the cover page with a little bling from Prima as well as a lolli pop flower i made (which was supposed to imitate the sun). I used a lot of Tim Holtz Distress Inks throughout the album.




























This summer was the first time my son tried out his tricycle that he got as a present when he was 1. He was super excited, so i had to dedicate a page for that. :) I cut out the bicycle from JBC and made a pocket with the paper collection for some tags. I used A Child's Year Font to weld the phrase together and then put microbeads on it again (lovin this technique).

We had sweets almost everyday this summer, it was really the first time he had ever tried a snickers bar (not chocolate, just the snickers bar). Let me tell you, after that he was addicted. I will never forget the look on his face and then he wanted more right away. It is moments like this that i am so thankful that i scrapbook and i am able to cherish the moments forever. I used the Sentimentals cartridge for the envelope to stick photos inside.

We love being outside, this was a page i did of some pictures i took of him at the park. I used JBC for the tree and Everyday Paper Dolls for the grass. I put some Rock Candy Distress Stickles on the grass and the tree to give it some sparkle. I love the way it turned out!


My son is going to be 3 at the end of August, and yet already lost his two front bottom baby teeth (he fell at daycare, it was just awful, but i had to document it). For this page i used A Child's Year for the tooth image and welded another piece together, so that i can journal inside and place a photo on the outside.


We love fishing in my family, so i was so excited when i saw the fishing pole on this cartridge. I welded the word "Fishing" to the fishing pole and drenched it with all different color stickles. I cut the boy out from A Child's Year cartridge.


The next page is just for some of my favorite miscellaneous photos of him this summer. I used the pocket card from JBC as well as the insert. I cut out the sun that it gives as a layer as well and added a yellow button to the tab to make sure it stays sturdy.
I will try to post the gypsy file sometime tomorrow afternoon, I will also be adding on a few pages as well as a video on this mini album in the next few weeks as events come up, so please stop over and say hi :)

Thanks for looking, please feel free to leave a comment.

Mila

1 comment:

  1. Very cute mini album. Looking forward to the cut file later today.

    ReplyDelete