Monday, July 9, 2012

A few So Cal Layouts

I am just loving the Studio Calico monthly kits, June was the first month that I joined the monthly subscription kit club, and they really do make an amazing kit. Here is a layout that I made with my very first kit So Cal:


This layout was so much fun!! I got to use lots of flowers and pink, which I normally stay away from  since I scrap mostly pictures of my son. This picture is from last year when we were in Florida. We go to the same place pretty much every year, since I was about 10. I get so excited bringing my son back to this place and sharing my memories with him of when I was a child and my parents would bring me and my brother here. This picture was taken at the St. Pete Pier. When I was younger i remember it seemed much bigger then it is to me right now. Back to the layout, I used my Cameo to cut out the doily at the top and the bottom left hand corner, then I glimmer misted them both. I glimmer misted all of the flowers (not included in the kit, from my stash), and for the little pink ones, I stamped on them, because i wanted to give them some more depth and interest. I placed flat back pearls in the centers of all the flowers (from my stash). I used some Studio Calico Veneer Birds (not included in the kit), and I stamped a feather design on them to also give them some interest and depth. Love the way this layout turned out!!

1 comment: