Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Graphic 45 Meets Happy Hauntings
Hi everyone, I am a guest designer on TheBugBytes (www.thebugbytes.com) today and am so excited to share a frame i made with the Cricut Cartridge Happy Hauntings. Before i begin can i just say that I had such a hard time finding this cartridge in any store, I had to order it of ebay and I am so glad that i got it just in time for my turn :) I am just in love with this cartridge and have so many fun ideas for it. Ok, back to the super cute and super easy frame. I used the all of the layers for the frame and i cut them all out at 7.5"H.
The first thing i did was cut out the main piece of the frame. I used chipboard from Colorbok that i bought at Joann's a while back. I used my deep cut blade and had it on high pressure and my lade depth was set to 6, i used multi cut 2. Next i scored the score marks that the Cricut made for me, so that the paint would not cover them. I did not have any more black chipboard so i colored the white chipboard black. This was so much fun!! I just used regular acrylic paint.
Next, I cut out the layers using card stock. I used a Halloween pad that i got at Michaels last year for the second layer and I used Coordinations card stock that i got at Joann's (this is wonderful card stock, cuts so smoothly on the E).
I then distressed the second layer that i cut out with Tim Holtz distress inks. I used Spiced Marmelade, Dusty Concord and then I finished it off with Vintage Photo. I distressed the edges all around starting on my mat and then going onto the card stock, i did not want it to be too dark.
After that i adhered both the layers together and started embellishing the frame with the most gorgeous paper, yup you guesses it Halloween in Wonderland. I cut out a few images from an 8x8 pad. This frame is for a photo of my son, so i tried not to make it girly. Of course i had to include some Prima pearl bling. I really can not do a layout with out it, it just doesn't look complete to me.
Finally, I put the whole frame together. I had a hard time at first figuring out how the back pieces go together, so I am going to try and do a video on that this weekend. But i will try to explain it. I already scored them before i painted the chipboard so that is already done (there are 3 sections that are scored), now i bent the first half of the score and glued it onto the main piece of the frame. Then I bent the other two and the result i got is what you see below. This may sound confusing (LOL), seriously though i was confused, so i hope to help some people out who are like me (maybe it's just me. LOL) with the video.
Thank you so much!! I really did have so much fun making this and it took me less then an hour. Let me know if you have any questions and if you would like to i can post the file on my blog for download, just let me know if anyone is interested.
Feel free to leave comments and tell me what you think!